Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
Position Title: Sr. Internal Auditor
Location: Houston, Texas
The Sr. Internal Auditor, for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Internal Audit team at the company’s Houston office reporting to the Vice President, Internal Audit.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Developing audit risks, scopes, objectives, work programs and testing procedures as needed;
• Completing assigned audits, advisory engagements or special projects as the Lead or a team member;
• Documenting business and system processes as needed, identifying relevant risks and controls;
• Effectively and efficiently executing process design reviews and control testing procedures to fulfill audit objectives;
• Supervising and reviewing the work product of other audit team members when serving as the Lead;
• Preparing and organizing audit work papers to document work performed and support audit conclusions;
• Identifying audit findings and developing sound corrective recommendations;
• Leading or attending audit closing meetings to communicate audit work, findings and recommendations to management. Assist with action plan development;
• Performing test work related to SOX 404;
• Drafting well-written reports at the conclusion of audits covering audit scopes, procedures employed, findings and recommendations;
• Assisting with departmental projects related to audit planning, operations and Sarbanes-Oxley;
• Liaising with external auditors as needed.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
• CPA required, CIA and/or CISA also desirable;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or internal audit;
• Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal);
• Strong teamwork orientation, with the ability to work independently as needed;
• Hands-on experience with Sarbanes-Oxley principles and testing required;
• Experience with operational / process auditing and identifying control gaps and process improvement opportunities;
• Proven strong aptitude for problem solving and root cause analysis;
• Knowledge and experience with SAP and Hyperion preferred;
• Experience in the oil and gas industry highly preferred, midstream experience a plus;
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.Overall light travel (<10%), with one or two trips lasting 2 – 3 weeks in duration.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
Software Powered by iCIMS