Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
Position Title: Pumper I
Location: Deadwood/ Garden City, TX
The Pumper I, for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s South District team at the company’s Deadwood/ Garden City, TX office reporting to the Keith Kyle.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Provide lease surveillance of Apache-operated properties to assure that the wells are producing at maximum rates allowed and related equipment and facilities are operating safely and efficiently
• Accurately measure and report daily production
• Inspect facilities routinely for operational safety and environmental compliance
• Accurately gauge production tanks on a daily basis
• Report complete production data in TOW
• Troubleshoot and repair day-to-day operational issues
• Keep accurate seal records
• Review amp readings to ensure pump units are in balance
• Ensure that all contractors and Apache Corporation personnel follow safety requirements and procedures
• Develop an awareness to look for ways to optimize production
• Track goals and plans for properties using Scout on a monthly basis
• Witness sales of oil and condensate (LACT meter provings, Crude Transfer tickets)
• Correct any unsafe conditions or practices immediately upon recognition
• Maintain and use safety equipment as required
• Report any safety violations to immediate supervisor
• Ensure all warning signs are in place and in good condition
• Safeguard all company assets; be aware of any security violations and report immediately to supervisor
• Report any environmental incidents or potential incidents immediately
• Review all repair procedures and methods to ensure that safety hazards and environmental impact are minimized
• Read and be familiar with State Environmental Compliance Regulations
• Perform maintenance on lease equipment
• Check all surface equipment daily and all pumps for seal leaks and to ensure they are primed and operating properly
• Provide recommendations for increased profitability of lease
• Stay abreast of new production techniques
• Prepare written reports on ideas and changes wanted; include reasons why and cost, when possible
• Attend and participate in all safety meetings
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Ability to anticipate and recognize problems, then develop solutions with minimal coaching.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ensures accuracy of all reports.
• Safety minded in performing day-to-day tasks.
• Familiarity of all lease equipment and functions.
• Adequate knowledge to identify downhole problems.
• Good driving record.
• Team player.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Job is classified as medium physical work.
• Occasionally may be required to lift, carry, push or pull 10-100 pounds.
• Occasionally may require squatting, crawling and climbing.
• Frequently may require bending, reaching above shoulders, reaching to the floor, reading, writing, working at heights and working around moving machinery.
• Frequently exposed to marked changes in weather conditions including temperature and humidity.
• Continuously exposed to dust, fumes and gases.
• Continuously works independently without supervision and requires quick or important decision making.• Must be able to drive a vehicle and have the ability to wear respirator protection and personal
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
Software Powered by iCIMS