Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
• Our vision is to be the premier exploration and production company with global assets focused on North American growth.
• Our mission is to grow in an innovative, safe, environmentally responsible and profitable manner for the long-term benefit of our shareholders.
• Our strategy is to deliver top-tier returns by maximizing recovery and minimizing costs through continuous improvement.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
2017 Sustainability Report
Apache Reports and Filings
Position Title: Environmental Air Coordinator
Location: Midland, TX
The Environmental Air Coordinator for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s EH&S team at the company’s Midland, TX office reporting to David Feather.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Identifying air permitting and permit compliance requirements for the Apache Permian assets in Texas and New Mexico
• Calculation of emissions rates for flares, tanks, heater-treaters, dehydrators, and natural gas engines
• Applying NSPS rules to facilities and determining compliance methodology
• Work within the Apache EH&S group and be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state rules relative to the Clean Air Act
• Permitting and evaluating compliance of both new and existing oil and gas sites
• Applying and reporting on Onshore Greenhouse Gas for production and gathering and boosting facilities
• Assisting with reporting requirements of NSPS OOOO/OOOOa
• Determining applicability of OOOO/OOOOa for well sites, fugitive emissions and storage vessels
• Maintain a database with facility locations, permit types and relevant equipment inventories.
• Interfacing with regulatory agencies such as New Mexico Air Quality Bureau, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and Texas Railroad Commission on permitting and compliance issues
• Prepare and submit deviation reports, excess emissions reports, and STEERS reports as required
• And other EHS department related tasks as required.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Other degrees will be considered.
• A Professional Geoscientist (PG), Certified Hazardous Material Manger (CHMM), Professional Engineer (PE) or other relevant certification is a plus.
• Permit experience in Texas should include Permit by Rule (PBR), Standard Permits and limited Title V. For New Mexico, experience should include No Permit Required (NPR) evaluations, Notice of Intent (NOI) and New Source Review (NSR). Candidate should be experienced with the Onshore Greenhouse Gas Reporting rules for production facilities and natural gas gathering and boosting.
• Candidate should be familiar with engine testing and emission requirements related to engines (40 CFR 60 subpart JJJJ and 40 CFR 63 subpart ZZZZ) as well as state requirements. Candidate should be familiar with new EPA subpart OOOO/OOOOa rules as they apply to storage vessel facilities, pneumatic device facilities, well site facilities, and fugitive emissions facilities.
• 4 years air permitting/compliance experience with an emphasis on oil and gas operations.
Primary Skills and Attributes:
• Able to work in an environment where numerous tasks requirements are constantly pressing
• Able to prioritize work tasking’s
• Strong communication skills with others
• Respect of field personnel and time
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
• A “Team of Teams” mindset with the objective of aligning your vision, mission, and strategy with the company’s overarching vision, mission, and strategy;
• A natural desire to work with a sense of urgency and a contrarian spirit;
• A solid grasp of economic, industry and competitive landscapes;
• The capability to change and generate process improvements for greater effectiveness and efficiency;
• Strength of character, including the highest levels of honesty, integrity, ethics, professionalism, trust, and loyalty;
• An approachable, likeable personality;
• An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong track record of agility and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
• A hands-on employee who can also see the big picture;
• An employee who leads by example, with the energy and ability to work collaboratively across the entire organization;
• The agility and flexibility to work in a fast-paced company culture;
• Confident, while checking ego at the door, and fearless in the face of speaking up to challenge norms or convention;
• Self-aware with excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and
• Highly intelligent, intellectually and emotionally, with excellent analytical, strategic, business judgment, and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
• Expect top performance & innovation;
• Seek relentless improvements in all facets;
• Invest in our greatest asset, our people;
• Foster a contrarian spirit;
• Drive to succeed with a sense of urgency;
• Safety is not negotiable & will not be compromised;
• Conduct our business with honesty & integrity;
• Treat our stakeholders with respect & dignity; and
• We derive benefit from the earth & take our environmental responsibility seriously.
• Responsible irreverence;
• Focus on team accomplishments over personal gain;
• Decisive, invested, committed;
• Safety is not negotiable & will not be comprised;
• Fire in the belly;
• Lead by example, be an ambassador for Apache’s values;
• Sees the big picture, translates into action;
• Sound judgement and emotional maturity;
• Best answers win;
• Working managers; and
• Effective communicators.
Software Powered by iCIMS