Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
• Our vision is to be the premier exploration and production company with global assets focused on North American growth.
• Our mission is to grow in an innovative, safe, environmentally responsible and profitable manner for the long-term benefit of our shareholders.
• Our strategy is to deliver top-tier returns by maximizing recovery and minimizing costs through continuous improvement.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
2017 Sustainability Report
Apache Reports and Filings
Position Title: Completions Engineering Technician II
Location: Midland, TX
The Completions Engineering Technician, for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Completions team at the company’s Permian Region office in Midland, TX, office reporting to the Region Completions Manager.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Provide technical support to Completion Engineers
• Generate electronic filing
• Preparing operations plan for proposed wells
• Ability to work/review the frac schedule
• May assist in writing and reviewing job procedures and or recommendations
• Participate in field reviews, optimization studies, and gather local operational knowledge/experience
• Cost estimates and AFE preparation
• Interface with regulatory agencies as needed
• Update spreadsheets & databases
• Field time on occasion
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of an Associate degree in a technical discipline, bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas industry
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and other PC based computer applications including: database applications tools for analysis
• Understanding of upstream and downstream oil and gas industry and terminology a plus
• Excellent communication and grammar skills, exhibited both in conversation and written materials
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
• A “Team of Teams” mindset with the objective of aligning your vision, mission, and strategy with the company’s overarching vision, mission, and strategy;
• A natural desire to work with a sense of urgency and a contrarian spirit;
• A solid grasp of economic, industry and competitive landscapes;
• The capability to change and generate process improvements for greater effectiveness and efficiency;
• Strength of character, including the highest levels of honesty, integrity, ethics, professionalism, trust, and loyalty;
• An approachable, likeable personality;
• An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong track record of agility and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
• A hands-on employee who can also see the big picture;
• An employee who leads by example, with the energy and ability to work collaboratively across the entire organization;
• The agility and flexibility to work in a fast-paced company culture;
• Confident, while checking ego at the door, and fearless in the face of speaking up to challenge norms or convention;
• Self-aware with excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and
• Highly intelligent, intellectually and emotionally, with excellent analytical, strategic, business judgment, and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
• Expect top performance & innovation;
• Seek relentless improvements in all facets;
• Invest in our greatest asset, our people;
• Foster a contrarian spirit;
• Drive to succeed with a sense of urgency;
• Safety is not negotiable & will not be compromised;
• Conduct our business with honesty & integrity;
• Treat our stakeholders with respect & dignity; and
• We derive benefit from the earth & take our environmental responsibility seriously.
• Responsible irreverence;
• Focus on team accomplishments over personal gain;
• Decisive, invested, committed;
• Safety is not negotiable & will not be comprised;
• Fire in the belly;
• Lead by example, be an ambassador for Apache’s values;
• Sees the big picture, translates into action;
• Sound judgement and emotional maturity;
• Best answers win;
• Working managers; and
• Effective communicators.
Software Powered by iCIMS