Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
Assist in the administration of the terminal preventative maintenance and pipeline integrity programs.
Applies corrosion skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on assigned corrosion control equipment, facilities, systems, and associated devices.
• Maintain and operates assigned equipment to meet operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
• Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective actions.
• Prepare and maintain documentation for audits, both internal and Regulatory.
• Evaluate coating conditions and make/recommend repairs.
• Locate and mark pipelines in compliance with state’s one call system.
• Maintenance pigging and running in-line inspection tools.
• Provide analysis of pipeline internal corrosion data.
• GPS data collection and GIS data verification.
• Perform rectifier inspections, coupon test station installs, annual pipe to soil surveys, exposed pipe inspections.
• Perform pipeline leak surveys, ROW patrols, and class locations surveys.
• Periodic and Close interval surveys.
• Monitor and replace anodes in saltwater storage tanks
• Manage and direct third-party contractors to support operational and maintenance activities.
• Effectively uses hand, power, and specialty tools and equipment such as computers and associated software applications. Operates portable and mobile work equipment.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience in the natural gas and liquid pipeline industry in regards with pipeline design, regulatory, and pipeline integrity.
• Must be familiar with Allegro Field Data PC
Advanced Qualifications & Experience – in the following subjects and/or tasks related to the pipeline integrity field:
• corrosion control regulations 49 CFR 195,192, and state regulations;
• integrity management regulations;
• external/internal/atmospheric corrosion monitoring and mitigation procedures and processes;
• assessment and repair of pipeline defects.
• working knowledge of corrosion control databases and field data collection devices;
• corrosion and pipeline data management and integration;
• specifications for contract corrosion control services;
• SOP and Engineering Standards related to corrosion control practices
• In-depth knowledge of cathodic protection, coatings, internal corrosion, and DOT 195.
• NACE certifications CP2 Cathodic Protection Tester
• NACE certifications Internal Corrosion Technologist
Skills & Abilities:
• Good analytical skills are required to diagnose problems, and the candidate must be able to identify multiple alternatives and/or recommendations for a given problem, as well as facilitate the implementation of solutions.
• Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
• Position requires the ability to balance multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, the ability to prioritize tasks, and the ability to shift established priorities in response to changing business needs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, sound organizational skills.
• Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships. Ability to function effectively in a team environment, both as a team leader as well as a functional team member.
Special Characteristics / Job Requirements:
• Highly motivated and 100% dedicated to the company’s goals.
• Working conditions: Primary work environment is outdoors, where an employee may be exposed to varying cold and hot temperatures.
• Able to work extended hours as needed and respond to call-outs promptly.
• Physical effort required: Driving, walking, standing frequently.
• Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas, heavy lifting, and cramped conditions. Must be able to work in remote locations.
• Candidate will be subject to DOT drug & alcohol testing requirements.
• Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Software Powered by iCIMS