Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for developing accurate and detailed
sourcing analysis in support of strategies to procure goods and services that deliver
"best value" (meet required quality and service levels, at the lowest total cost in the
market) results. This role functions within a Supply Chain environment focused on
higher level, strategic thought processes and activities involving long range planning,
forecasting, and support of complex contract negotiations for critical, high spend
categories. Interacts with Apache’s regions to maximize opportunities and ensure
agreement and buy-in of operations. Must have analytical and problem solving skills as
well as the ability to work in a team-based environment and drive project schedules.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the Apache strategic sourcing process and produce high-quality
deliverables in support of the Strategic Sourcing Supervisor, Key Stakeholders
and Category Leads.
2. Develop detailed assessment of Apache’s internal needs for critical goods and
services including future growth plans.
3. Create robust supply market analyses and detailed should cost models to
uncover cost reduction opportunities and support execution of strategic
4. Keep abreast of leading sourcing practices and tools within the broader field of
Supply Chain Management and apply as part of Apache sourcing events.
5. In consultation with Category Leads and key Stakeholders, identify sources of
supply market intelligence and advocate for on-going access to market reports.
6. Develop and maintain a prioritized list of strategic sourcing projects based on
input from Key Stakeholders, Category Leads and Strategic Sourcing
Supervisor. Balance supply market complexity and interest from Key
Stakeholders to optimize the value for Apache.
7. Manage the competitive bidding process as part of strategic sourcing events,
including supplier communications.
8. Construct comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating pre-determined
criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key
9. Develop compelling presentations (project updates, strategy recommendations,
sourcing recommendations, etc.) for review with Supply Chain Management
and Key Stakeholder groups.
10. Support development of negotiation strategies by identifying and quantifying
gives, takes and best alternatives.
11. Interacts with client business units to ensure understanding and ownership is
achieved on all commercial and project-based sourcing initiatives.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
Software Powered by iCIMS