Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The primary responsibility of the Instrumentation and SCADA Supervisor/Manager is to improve system productivity, performance, reliability, safety, and stability by assisting in the design, construction and maintenance of instrumentation and SCADA systems. The Instrumentation and SCADA Supervisor/Manager will also assist in the technical design and management of projects from conception through completion. In addition, the Instrumentation and SCADA Supervisor/Manager will manage the development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Alpine High and NAUR’s systems, including Wonderware, CygNet SCADA, Atmos Pipe, and associated systems. The position will lead the planning, enhancements, customer satisfaction and system performance and enthusiastically engage with internal customers to deliver superior capability and value.
• Drive project and performance objectives and goals.
• Remotely supervise or support the work of automation foremen and techs, including training and assistance with adding resources, as required
• Must have experience with automation used to control and monitor processes in the upstream or midstream oil and gas industry
• Must have broad based, hands on knowledge and experience with various types of automation systems, equipment and associated software
• Have the ability to interpret control and P & ID drawings and review associated scope of work needed to specify and complete associated projects
• Review and recommend automation, control and electrical designs
• Have a strong familiarity with PLC, RTU and HMI programming
• A broad knowledge in Automation and Controls Engineering practices and procedures
• Provide supervision and direction for the safe, effective and efficient remote operations monitoring and control of Company’s assets
• Work closely with the technical support groups, power users, lead operators and technicians to improve operations and support the business initiatives.
• Implement and oversee the implementation of SCADA functional development strategy and modifications, as needed
• Work in conjunction with existing automation standards to enhance the capabilities of SCADA development and system performance.
• Effectively manage day to day activities of projects, enhancements, vendors, and SCADA staff consistent with Alpine High and NAUR’s vision to achieve superior capability, value, and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure quick response to system issues, demonstrate ability to optimize resources, as well as perform risk/benefit analysis.
• Identify opportunities for applying the SCADA to add value to the business and operations
• Excellent communicator and team building skills
• Be able to develop budgets, plans, strategies and goals
• Must ensure compliance with all EH&S guidelines
• 10-15 years industry experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related job experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access and Power Point
Software Powered by iCIMS