Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The Field Communications Coordinator will play a primary role in the strategic design and development of the field communications system supporting the operational needs of the organization. This person will be embedded in the Applied Technology group and play an integral role in successfully achieving the group’s goals. These include the ability to safely and remotely, monitor and control, oil and gas facilities; reliably gather high resolution data and performance information to maximize production while reducing costs; provide high speed network access for field operators giving them the ability to efficiently work on any field location.
• Oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of the region’s wired and wireless field network infrastructure.
• Work closely with the operations, automation, and SCADA groups to understand and deliver the communication needs of the field assets.
• Read, understand, and comprehend network topology drawings to fully understand the current overall network architecture as well as site specific networks.
• Use RF modeling software to perform path studies for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint wireless links in licensed and unlicensed frequencies.
• Provide device configuration templates for all hardware platforms used in the field networks including, but not limited to, switches, routers, radios, access points, power monitoring equipment.
• Test new technologies and devices in a lab environment and explore opportunities to add value to existing and new projects.
• Work with the corporate network team to ensure network integrity, to develop network redundancy and failover to maximize system availability and uptime.
• Analyze and resolve field infrastructure problems in a timely and accurate manner, provide situational reports, and provide end-user training where required.
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation for all key supported processes.
• Track inventory of communication hardware and forecast ordering needs.
• Ensure Apache Corporation maintains compliance with FAA and FCC regulatory rules.
• Abide by Apache Corporation’s safe work policies.
• Must be well versed in TCP/IP Ethernet communications, routing and switching, subnets, configuration of radio equipment, as well as be able to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
• Must be strong in physical layer mediums such as fiber, copper twisted pair, and especially wireless.
• Must have working knowledge and experience of wireless deployments using Wi-Fi, wireless mesh, fixed wireless broadband PTP and PMP, licensed and unlicensed microwave.
• Understand RF characteristics, frequency bands, channel sizes, channel planning and frequency reuse.
• Experience with various wireless encryption and authentication techniques.
• Proficient in layer 2 technologies such as 802.1Q VLANS and ARP.
• Working knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
• Knowledge of back office network monitoring, provisioning, and support systems is a must.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and solve complex problems; understand how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect system performance.
• Knowledge of databases, various operating systems, scripting, and network automation is a huge plus.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Oil and Gas experience is a plus.
Software Powered by iCIMS