Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
Position Title: Field Communications Coordinator
Location: Pecos, TX
The Field Communications Coordinator, for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s NAUR I&E Measurment team at the company’s Pecos,TX , office reporting to the Communications Foreman.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
The Field Communications Coordinator will play a primary role in the strategic design and development of the field communications system supporting the operational needs of the organization. This person will be embedded in the Applied Technology group and play an integral role in successfully achieving the group’s goals. These include the ability to safely and remotely, monitor and control, oil and gas facilities; reliably gather high resolution data and performance information to maximize production while reducing costs; provide high speed network access for field operators giving them the ability to efficiently work on any field location.
• Oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of the region’s wired and wireless field network infrastructure.
• Work closely with the operations, automation, and SCADA groups to understand and deliver the communication needs of the field assets.
• Read, understand, and comprehend network topology drawings to fully understand the current overall network architecture as well as site specific networks.
• Use RF modeling software to perform path studies for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint wireless links in licensed and unlicensed frequencies.
• Provide device configuration templates for all hardware platforms used in the field networks including, but not limited to, switches, routers, radios, access points, power monitoring equipment.
• Test new technologies and devices in a lab environment and explore opportunities to add value to existing and new projects.
• Work with the corporate network team to ensure network integrity, to develop network redundancy and failover to maximize system availability and uptime.
• Analyze and resolve field infrastructure problems in a timely and accurate manner, provide situational reports, and provide end-user training where required.
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation for all key supported processes.
• Track inventory of communication hardware and forecast ordering needs.
• Ensure Apache Corporation maintains compliance with FAA and FCC regulatory rules.
• Abide by Apache Corporation’s safe work policies.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Must be well versed in TCP/IP Ethernet communications, routing and switching, subnets, configuration of radio equipment, as well as be able to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
• Must be strong in physical layer mediums such as fiber, copper twisted pair, and especially wireless.
• Must have working knowledge and experience of wireless deployments using Wi-Fi, wireless mesh, fixed wireless broadband PTP and PMP, licensed and unlicensed microwave.
• Understand RF characteristics, frequency bands, channel sizes, channel planning and frequency reuse.
• Experience with various wireless encryption and authentication techniques.
• Proficient in layer 2 technologies such as 802.1Q VLANS and ARP.
• Working knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
• Knowledge of back office network monitoring, provisioning, and support systems is a must.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and solve complex problems; understand how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect system performance.
• Knowledge of databases, various operating systems, scripting, and network automation is a huge plus.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Oil and Gas experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
Software Powered by iCIMS