The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and light maintenance of cryogenic processing plants, amine treating plants, propane refrigeration plants, and residue compression via onsite operations.
- Operate plant equipment & systems.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls via PLC or Manual to operate equipment within the recommended operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines by following LOTO procedures.
- Hand Operate valves varying from small valves up to large valves in the 30 inch range.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water and oil levels, etc. by hand and electronically.
- Monitor, remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Safely change gauges as needed.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, controlling weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
- Lockout/ Tag out and Safe Work permitting duties for maintenance work
Operation of natural gas treating equipment to maintain designated operating condition
- Troubleshooting of process equipment and plant operations
- Shutdown and startup of plant equipment (pumps, cooling equipment, generators, etc.)
- Daily plant/compressor rounds and monitoring of equipment to identify operational problems not indicated through PLC or DCS alarm systems
- Manually operate valves as operations dictate
- Interact with contract personnel
- Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel
- Write Maintenance Work Orders as needed
- Safely operate company vehicles during daily activities
- Relief operations during vacation or as required
- Follows and adheres to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, ear plugs, FRCs).