The Category Lead will be accountable for the effective management of third-party spend across multiple related categories throughout the full category management lifecycle. This role will develop category strategies to maximize the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) the company receives from third-parties, execute or coordinate the implementation of category strategies and manage supplier performance for continuous improvement, while ensuring stakeholder buy in. This role interacts with Apache’s operating regions to maximize opportunities and ensure buy-in up front. Must have analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment and adhere to drive project schedules.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategies for key spend categories. Perform assessment for the goods and services being evaluated, develop detailed supply market analysis, and construct cost models to facilitate long-term management of Apache spend.
- Identify strategies to support the business needs in an ever-changing market, and obtain internal stakeholder buy-in across all the levels of the organization.
- Identify and implement TCO reduction opportunities for the goods and services being evaluated. Optimize the total cost of the product or service (e.g. lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, demand management etc.) by leveraging across markets and service lines, forming key supplier alliances, consolidating the supplier base, and exploring the efficiencies involved in the supply chain.
- Lead cross-functional teams on project-based initiatives to develop and implement key elements of category strategies. Coordinate the negotiation, evaluation and execution for the acquisition of strategic materials and services. Determine and negotiate for delivery requirements, performance, and reliability expectations while optimizing the cost of materials and services within the business unit. Monitor bid processes, oversee the preparation of bid packages, prepare bid analysis, and participate in final contract award decisions.
- Identify and monitor leading supply market indicators to proactively adjust category strategies.
- Working with key Stakeholders, evaluate and test category levers, including internal demand reduction, standard designs/requirements, and supplier performance incentives to drive continuous improvement. Facilitate discussions among different functional and regional teams to uncover category insights beyond price.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of commercial agreements in a manner that ensures proper definition of the business relationship allocating / mitigating risk between Company and the supplier. Ensure compliance with related Company policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and communicate an understanding of the client business unit, the relative importance of the materials and services required, and process improvement methods utilized to support Supply Chain initiatives. Maintain valuable local and regional supply relationships.
- Interact with business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based initiatives.
- Understand and drive adoption of Purchase-to-Pay processes and systems.
- Develop detailed contract management plans with input from Stakeholders to ensure adherence to commercial / technical requirements.
- Drive Supplier performance management through measurement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), communication of operational performance and identification of areas for improvement.