The position will be based in an Apache operating region and working in concert with the corporate office, will provide strategic direction and execution of internal communications, media and public relations, and government affairs at the region level. The lead will coordinate with the Corporate Communications and Public Affairs team in Houston and with the regional vice president/operations vice president to ensure local goals and corporate objectives are aligned and advanced.
The role provides a direct link between the business, employees, and the communities where Apache operates. As such, the role acts as an important information channel to and from the region. The role collects and provides feedback and ideas to the region vice president and vice president of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs in addition to other functional departments on regional issues. The role is a key member of the Corporate Communications and Public Affairs department and, as such, has responsibility for ensuring brand integrity, message alignment and standardizing communications with the rest of the company.
- Serve as a key member of the Corrpoate Communications and Public Affairs team assisting in the development of key messages, region-specific narratives. and a region-specific communications strategy.
- Maintain strong regional relationships and obtain thorough understanding of regional specific activities; maintain awareness of operational activities through relationships, meeting attendance, field office and site visits.
- Coordinate with other regions leads to standardize communications efforts and share best practices across regions.
- Serve as an adviser to the region vice president on region-specific messaging to employees. Draft and disseminate employee communications and coordinate tailored delivery of corporate communications to local employee audiences. Act as the primary distributor of mass region employee communications.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of internal communication channels and coordinate with digital and creative services in Houston to develop materials that support region internal communications objectives.
- Interact with departments throughout the region and identify opportunities for these departments to share their stories across the corporation.
- Provide story ideas and content to corporate internal communications team.
- Foster employee engagement by assisting region vice president with engagement strategy to include regular executive communications, town halls and feedback opportunities, increasing internal networking opportunities for employees.
- Assist in managers’ communication efforts within the region by promoting use of Manager’s Communications Toolkit with region leadership team; proving training and increasing awareness of corporate messaging efforts at region level.
- Coordinate internal events including town halls, employee appreciation, etc. and oversee final messaging for all other events, holiday parties, company picnic, etc.
Media and Public Relations
- Provide media relations support and respond to local press inquiries related to region activities in cooperation with Media Relations team in corporate office.
- Serve as backup company spokesperson for VP and Manager of Media and Public relations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local press.
- Identify local and regional opportunities for advertising and branding. Work with creative teams to execute ad strategy and implementation.
- Generate region-specific content for press releases, editorials, annual report and sustainability report.
- Assist with media training of regional company leadership in cooperation with Manager, Media and Public Relations.
- Educate region employees about proper use of the brand; increase awareness of brand standard and use at the local level.
- Increase employee knowledge and preparedness through Ambassador Program.
- Serve as a member of the crisis communications response team.
- Support local community engagement efforts in the operating region by establishing and maintaining local relationships with community organizations to build support for the company’s goals and activities.
- Represent the company to the community through engagement in civic groups, business associations and at informational public meetings.
- Look for opportunities to highlight local company leadership and facilitate introductions and local relationship building for company executives.
- Liaise with the public on impacts of operations on the community and other public concerns. Develop responses and strategies to address public concerns through coordination with region leadership and relevant corporate departments.
Support corporate Government Affairs team with monitoring of region-specific issues and soliciting local employee feedback on important issues.
Attend trade association meetings to represent company interests and provide updates to operations teams.