Experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of relevant internal communications experience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Expert with AP Style.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, management, administrative, organizational, presentation, and leadership skills;
- Experience implementing sound decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems.
These are the core qualifications that all members of the department must possess:
- Strong personal work ethic: Demonstrates integrity, responsibility and a professional demeanor in all interactions. Client/customer-focused. Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency. Ability to take initiative and be accountable for work produced.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Writing skills: Ability to communicate in writing clearly, with clarity and with proper pronunciation, grammar and style. Knowledge and ability to apply AP style.
- Influencing and negotiating skills: Ability to develop strong networks and build credibility within the organization to drive projects forward.
- Project management: Ability to manage the entire lifecycle of multiple projects with competing demands for limited resources, on time and within budget. Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Organization: Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills. Employs highly structured methods for managing tasks and information.
- Attention to detail: Triple checks work, and seeks input from others, before submitting it. Particularly careful when examining documents and proofing communications.
- Team player: Ability to perform well in a team environment. Is enthusiastic, constructive, mature, eager to assist and collaborative. Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to chip in to get the work done or go the extra mile.
- Process-oriented: Diligently follows established rules and guidelines and holds others to them. Looks for ways to increase overall efficiency.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: Takes initiative to identify options when confronted with challenges. Is creative in identifying solutions. Ability to embrace change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven: Ensures that strategies drive the required business results, persistently seeking to improve business performance, with energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and a willingness to learn new software programs as needed.