This position analyzes production data and makes recommendations for field enhancement projects. Evaluates, selects and applies advanced production engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Fully responsible for projects and/or company assets assigned. Initiates studies, prepares plans and budgets. Utilizes fully developed set of engineering resources including experience and industry and professional contacts. Supervises and directs the activities of engineering technicians and technologists. Works under minimal supervision both alone and within a team structure.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing and executing well completions
- Supervises and directs the activities of engineering technicians and technologists.
- Writes AFE proposals for production improvements and identifies opportunities to lower LOE.
- Applies advanced knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to gas and oil wells with the goal of improving production economically.
- Provides input into introducing new concepts.
- Recommends better work alternatives and business processes.
- Exercises sound judgment in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments while working alone or within a team structure.
- Conducts well reviews with other Production Engineers and District Managers - reviews progress, costs and results.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by management to optimize production processes and production equipment by increasing efficiencies and production levels and decreasing operating expenses.
- Understands regulatory issues and works to keep company in compliance.
- Reviews and evaluates new products working with vendors, consultants and production department.
- Recommend and performs Production engineering studies.
- Maintains property and project data.
- Prepares plans and budgets.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Provides assistance to co-workers.