Leads and coordinates the regional business processes for data management to improve efficiency and integrity of geoscience data. Responsible for corporate data governance initiatives at the region level. Acts as a liaison, SME and communications resource ensuring business alignment through gap identification, and adaptation of standards and processes. Oversees and maintains regional geoscience data assets for effective use by the asset teams.
Successful candidates must demonstrate competency in data management practices, and data loading techniques to various geoscience and geophysics applications. This role will provide guidance on specific PetroTechnical data types, regional strategic direction for workflows that focus on data quality and data accuracy. Candidate must also demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to effectively gather requirements and document workflows.
- Provide direction and guidance, support and mentoring for the geoscience technicians on data management workflows and data governance standards.
- Contribute in regional and corporate geoscience data management and governance practices / standards.
- Ensure corporate and regional processes and standards are enforced to maintain the integrity and consistency of G&G data repositories.
- Create documentation for the region-specific data management workflows, processes and procedures.
- Act as a data steward to oversee and maintain geoscience data assets to help provide business users with high-quality, easily accessible data.
- Work with geoscience community to ensure that all qualified data is received in industry-standard formats, captured and properly loaded into appropriate application suites.
- Identify, define, change and improve data quality management procedures and work processes that might lead to bad data.