Apache Corporation is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its strong core values, entrepreneurial spirit, and operational focus.
The senior automation tech is a technical position under the direction and training of the automation foreman. The senior automation tech is responsible for system integration, operation, and maintenance of all areas of automation systems and performs other related duties. The senior automation tech uses extensive knowledge of DC Electronics with a basic knowledge of AC electrical systems associated with oil and gas production facilities.
• Services and troubleshoots control systems and other electronic equipment in the field to ensure accurate production data
• Installs and maintains new automation equipment
• Calibrates and adjusts control devices
• Configures electronic equipment
• Proper use of measurement instruments such as Volt/Ohm meters, frequency generators and SCADA test equipment
• Maintain and use safety equipment as required
• Report any safety violations to immediate supervisor
• Safeguard all company assets
• Read and be familiar with State Environmental Compliance Regulations
• Attend and participate in all safety meetings
• 7+ years’ experience with an emphasis on troubleshooting of automation equipment and extensive experience with oilfield operations preferred.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and other PC based computer applications.
• Excellent communication and grammar skills, exhibited both in conversation and written materials
• Attention to detail
Software Powered by iCIMS