Apache Corporation is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its strong core values, entrepreneurial spirit, and operational focus.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and generate high quality opportunities for investment consideration and to balance sound business judgment with excellent technical skills
• Utilize advanced seismic techniques of seismic attribute analysis to determine reservoir distribution, quality and fluid content
• Prospect generation through seismic interpretation for lease sale and farm-in opportunities
• Prospect maturation with thorough petroleum systems evaluation, detailed prospect mapping, risking and resource determination and assisting with Exploration Plan submissions
• Identify and recommend Lease Sale prospects and leads
• Evaluate and recommend new ventures farm-in opportunities
• Prepare and deliver internal and external technical presentations to peers and management
• Create and guide team members to development of exploration strategies is a requirement
• Act as a mentor to less experienced team members in seismic interpretation
• Ability to interpret in Kingdom, generate internal prospects, evaluate external prospects, and promote same.
• Understanding of geophysical techniques including seismic acquisition, seismic processing, & AVO.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• BS/MS/ Ph.D. - Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics, Master’s preferred.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
• Advanced level of geolocical expertise
• Strong communication and organizational skills - able to work well with field personnel, geoscience team, peers, management and stakeholders
• Able to prioritize multiple projects
• High degree of initiative and independent judgment
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Capability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong personal computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Software Powered by iCIMS