Apache Corporation is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its strong core values, entrepreneurial spirit, and operational focus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
• Support logging operations, reservoir studies, and performance evaluations focusing on efforts to optimize the development of reservoir operations and recovery, including carbonate and unconventional reservoirs by working within cross-functional
• Sharing best practices knowledge for petrophysical applications and evaluation processes
• Utilizing classical petrophysical techniques and broad petrophysical knowledge of both clastic and siliceous shale reservoir systems to conduct analyses and studies
• Providing experience in all aspects of open and cased hole log applications/interpretation and advanced core analysis
• Image log processing and interpretation
• Production log and openhole pressure formation tester interpretation
• Ability to design, manage, and interpret log and core data acquisition programs
• Working knowledge of production surveillance methods, such as PTA and RTA, familiarity of seismic rock properties workflows, and experience in pressure analysis for hydrodynamic studies including formation tests and fluid sample acquisition
• Participate in multidisciplinary projects and help present defendable business recommendations to senior management
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
• BS in Geology, Geophysics, or Engineering, and relevant experience Advanced degree preferred
• 8 to 15 years of relevant E&P company experience
• Significant experience in the Mid-Continent
• Possess knowledge of major petrophysical software packages applied in the industry for well and reservoir interpretation
• Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques working primarily with clastic reservoir systems;
• Familiarity with advanced methods of post core retrieval handling and analysis techniques
• Demonstrated ability to design logging programs in complex reservoir systems, maximizing data acquisition
• Knowledgeable in petrophysical and geological analysis integration
• Must be willing to work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists and reservoir, operations, drilling and facilities engineers
• Must be able to work under pressure and provide input in short project time lines
PRIMARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (TECHNICAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES):
• Advanced level of petrophysical expertise
• Expert knowledge of conventional and unconventional reservoirs and their analysis
• Strong communication and organizational skills - able to work well with field personnel, geoscience team, peers, management and stakeholders
• Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information essential
• Able to prioritize multiple projects, organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
• High degree of initiative and independent judgment
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Capability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong personal computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written - present formally to management and effectively communicate work procedures to relevant personnel.
• Capable of directing the work of others and being directed as required.
Software Powered by iCIMS