Apache Corporation is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its strong core values, entrepreneurial spirit, and operational focus.
• Responsible for generating drillable prospects, evaluating outside deals, and providing regional geological framework. Fully competent in advanced techniques, procedures, and criteria used in carrying out a sequence of geological tasks directed towards prospecting for oil and gas. Develops new play ideas and mature prospects based on integrated subsurface geological, reservoir engineering and economic parameters. Performs assignments of a more complex level. Present fully evaluated opportunities to management and make recommendations for opportunity capture. May have responsibility for whole projects or complex assignments. Performs all aspects of geological work requiring limited supervision. May assist in training/mentoring lower level geologists.
• Works closely with petrophysical, land, engineering, and G&G staffs utilizing knowledge of reservoir and geological parameters to enhance completions and overall well results in both unconventional and conventional plays. Requires only minimal supervision.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and generate high quality opportunities for investment consideration and to balance sound business judgment with excellent technical skills
• Highly proficient in mapping and oil finding
• Participate with multidisciplinary teams in planning and executing optimum property development
• Interpret and integrate a variety of geological information utilizing current industry software
• Create fully integrated subsurface (geology/seismic) interpretations
• Develop and maintain a structurally and geologically valid 3-D model for the drilling programs
• Represent company in external meetings
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• BS/MS/ Ph.D. – An advanced degree preferred in Geology or related field of study.
• 8 to 20+ years of experience with a proven track record of success
• Strong preference for prospect generation experience in the Gulf of Mexico
• Experience at a major or large independent oil company
• Ability to use and interpret in Petra, Petrel, Landmark, Kingdom Suites or equivalents to generate internal prospects, evaluate external prospects, and promote same.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
• Experienced level where employee is competent in more difficult/complex techniques or procedures; performs more complex tasks.
• Job assignments may become less broad as specializations develop within given areas. May have responsibility for whole projects or complex assignments involving problem diagnosis and/or development of innovative technical solutions.
• Works under limited supervision.
Software Powered by iCIMS