Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world's premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and San Antonio and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
The Pipeline Tech for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Alpine Midstream Pipeline team at the company’s Pecos, TX office reporting to the Midstream Ops Field Superintendent.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
Assist in the administration of the terminal preventative maintenance and pipeline integrity programs.
Applies corrosion skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on assigned corrosion control equipment, facilities, systems, and associated devices.
and regulatory requirements.
• Recognizes operating deviations and takes appropriate corrective actions.
• Prepare and maintain documentation for audits, both internal and Regulatory.
• Evaluate coating conditions and make/recommend repairs.
• Locate and mark pipelines in compliance with state’s one call system.
• Maintenance pigging and running in-line inspection tools.
• Provide analysis of pipeline internal corrosion data.
• GPS data collection and GIS data verification.
• Perform rectifier inspections, coupon test station installs, annual pipe to soil surveys, exposed pipe
• Perform pipeline leak surveys, ROW patrols, and class locations surveys.
• Periodic and Close interval surveys.
• Monitor and replace anodes in saltwater storage tanks
• Manage and direct third-party contractors to support operational and maintenance activities.
• Effectively uses hand, power, and specialty tools and equipment such as computers and associated
software applications. Operates portable and mobile work equipment.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral competencies and personal characteristics:
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache's Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
Knowledge & Experience:
Advanced Qualifications & Experience – in the following subjects and/or tasks related to the pipeline integrity field:
Skills & Abilities:
Special Characteristics / Job Requirements:
Software Powered by iCIMS