Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The Project Evaluation Engineer role will function as a point contact and technical liaison between the Regional Reservoir Engineering (EE) and Planning Groups and key corporate groups involved in portfolio modeling, investment decision-making, and capital planning. The Project Evaluation Engineer will have a key role in coordinating the workflows required to develop and maintain the characterizations of projects and plays within a Region for inclusion in the Apache Portfolio Model (APM). The Project Evaluation Engineer will reside in the Region office and function as a local extension of the corporate based Exploration Evaluation Group working closely with the Region Reservoir Engineering and Planning teams. The engineer will serve as a technical expert and resource to the Region in developing forecasts and analyses of the Region’s opportunity set to provide insight to the Regional leadership team. The engineer will develop an in-depth knowledge of the project/play characterization tools and methods supported by the Exploration Evaluation Group and assist the Asset Teams in project characterizations within the Region.
This position will initially be located in Houston at the Corporate office and then move to the Midland location.
1. Technical Liaison: Liaison between Regional Reservoir Engineering Groups and Corporate Groups, primarily: Exploration Evaluation, Corporate Planning, and Corporate Operations Support.
2. Portfolio Update Coordination: Manage the internal Regional portfolio update schedule and activity:
3. APM knowledge & Utility: Develop an in-depth understanding of the APM and ancillary tools (Loader Tool, Roll-up Tool, QC Tool, etc.).
4. Project/Play Characterizations: Develop an in-depth knowledge of the project/play characterization tools and methods supported by the Exploration Evaluation Group:
5. Regional Portfolio Analyses: Participate with the EE Group in conducting portfolio analyses of the Region’s inventory of projects/plays:
6. Region Lookbacks & Reviews: Coordinate project performance lookbacks and reviews with the Corporate Operations Support Group, Competitor Intelligence Group, and Corporate Reservoir Engineering.
Software Powered by iCIMS